At some point, your tenant may need to file a claim with Storage Shield. Once this procedure is finalized and your tenant’s claim is approved, we will send the information to the adjuster and your tenant will get paid within 30 to 60 days. It’s as simple as that!
In order for Storage Shield to complete their claim review process, they need the following documents:
- Manager Statement
- Customer Statement
- Rental Agreement
- Tenant Protection Plan Agreement
- Itemized Inventory
- Pictures Verifying the Damage/Forced Entry
- Police Report (if theft)
- Whether or Not a Disc Lock was Used (if theft)
Guide to Filing a Claim
- The Manager and customer statements can both be completed and signed on the Tenant Claim Affidavit.
- Rental and Protection Plan Agreements, along with a payment Ledger should be provided by the property Manager.
- Use the attached Itemized Inventory Spreadsheet to document items that were damaged and need to be replaced.
- To properly file a claim the customer will need receipts for damaged or stolen items or web links to items similar in price. Weblinks are necessary only for any item over $500.
- Provide photos of damaged items and any photos showing forced entry or a cut or damaged lock or latch and a screenshot of the security footage at the time the lock was cut.
- Send a copy of the police report.
- If you need to send this information in multiple emails, please make the subject line the tenant’s last name and unit number.
Please work with your tenant to gather the necessary information, complete the claims forms, and walk them through the process. If they are not comfortable using a computer, assist them in the office.