A tenant protection plan is not insurance. It is a contract between the self-storage facility and you, with the facility assuming limited responsibility for your belongings while they are stored in a locked unit. In other words, self-storage operators agree to pay tenants you for damages to your belongings up to a specified dollar amount.
- Storage Shield pays replacement costs for your damaged or stolen property.
- Storage Shield has no deductible.
- Storage Shield takes responsibility in the event of theft of your belongings.
- Storage Shield takes responsibility for water damage in the event of windstorm, roof leak, or broken pipes that damage your belongings.
- Storage Shield takes responsibility for your household and commercial goods.
- Storage Shield takes responsibility for fire and smoke damage to your belongings.
- Storage Shield covers your document re-creation and reimbursement.
- Storage Shield protects your cars, RVs, and boats in indoor units.
- Storage Shield covers rodent/insect infestation damage up to $500.
- Storage Shield conveniently collects fees along with your monthly rent.
- Storage Shield offers many plan options: *
* – pricing and levels of coverage may vary by location.