For most families, the holiday season is a bustling and joyous time of year. It’s a time for creating lasting memories and enjoying quality moments together. Whether it’s attending parties, watching school performances, or visiting Santa, the holidays offer plenty of fun.
However, these activities can become overwhelming with all of this added excitement. There’s gift shopping to do, baking to finish, and events to plan. It can quickly turn into a crazy juggling act. Balls are dropping everywhere.
To stay on top of your schedule, you’ve carefully organized your time. You’ve been diligently scouring stores, searching for the perfect presents. Luckily, you’ve discovered a brilliant solution for hiding those gifts.
You’ve decided to lease a self storage unit that is conveniently located, secure, and affordable. This way, you can store your presents safely and out of sight. The storage unit you’ve chosen is just the right size for your needs. Climate-controlled storage is available to ensure the protection of delicate items.
Plus, with flexible month-to-month leasing options, you can rent monthly. Or, maybe you decide to keep it for storing your Christmas decorations. You’re relieved knowing your belongings are well-protected thanks to the state-of-the-art security.
You’ve also taken the time to consult with your insurance agent regarding coverage for off-premises items. Fortunately, your homeowners’ policy does provide coverage for potential risks such as fire, lightning, theft, and vandalism. However, there is some unfortunate news
In any case, you still have some concerns, and you don’t want to risk a loss, especially at this time of year. The best solution for you is to add additional security with a Storage Shield tenant protection plan.
A Tenant Protection Plan Gives You An Added Layer of Security
A tenant protection plan will provide you with that extra layer of protection that you don’t have with insurance.
If your gifts are damaged or stolen, you’ll be reimbursed at replacement cost. Clothing and household linens are subject to depreciation. Protection plan fees are conveniently collected with the monthly rent, and there are no deductibles.
Below are some of the reasons that a self storage tenant protection plan can be a lifesaver during the holiday season.
- A tenant protection plan is not insurance but rather an agreement between the facility and the tenant. The facility takes on limited responsibility for the tenant’s belongings while they are kept in a locked unit. Essentially, operators agree to compensate customers for any damages to their belongings, up to a specified dollar amount.
- Under this plan, you will be reimbursed at the cost of replacing any damaged or stolen property (although clothing and household linens may be subject to depreciation). The fees for the protection plan are conveniently included in the monthly rent, and there are no deductibles to worry about.
- If you have stored valuable gifts, rest assured that you will be reimbursed at the replacement cost for those items. And if anyone on your gift list is receiving a car for Christmas, store it in an enclosed unit. The tenant protection plan will have you covered.
- Your insurance policy provides coverage for fire, lightning, theft, and vandalism, but have you ever considered the potential damage that can be caused by a moth or a few mice? The last thing you want is for your beloved aunt to unwrap her gift only to find the cashmere sweater riddled with holes.
- Speaking of pests and vermin, it’s important to note that they can cause extensive harm to books. It’s not enjoyable to read a book with pages that have been chewed on or are missing altogether.
- Let’s remember the weather. During this time of year in many areas, freezing temperatures, ice storms, or snow are common occurrences. Consequently, you could find yourself dealing with water damage due to leaky pipes or a roof that has been compromised.
- Theft is always a concern. Even the most well-maintained facilities, equipped with state-of-the-art security systems, may occasionally fall victim to theft. While your insurance does cover theft, it’s worth considering a tenant protection plan that offers replacement costs with no deductible.
To learn more about the Storage Shield tenant protection plan, read Is There A Difference Between Storage Insurance and a Tenant Protection Plan? and The Benefits of a Tenant Protection Plan
Enjoy a busy and happy holiday season, and give yourself the gift of a tenant protection plan.